At Aspira, we take every precaution to protect our customers’ data. That’s why we’re proud to announce we have achieved ISO 27001:2017 from the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI). ISO 27001 is the world’s foremost Information Security Management System used by organisations in over 170 countries. Achieving accredited ISO 27001 certification demonstrates that Aspira follows information security best practices, and has successfully implemented an Information Security Management System, audited by an independent expert assessment.
“Delivering a company Information Security Management System and achieving ISO certification is a true team effort. The breadth of information security spans every aspect of the business, not just IT, and a project of this type was wonderful opportunity to bring the entire business together on a journey that was challenging, educational and rewarding”. Emma Daly, ISMS/ISO Project Manager
Our Information Security Management System is assisting us in how we differentiate ourselves by focusing on, and being committed to, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and appropriate availability of information that Aspira is the controller of.
ISO 27001:2017 involves:
- Systematically examining information security risks, taking into account threats, vulnerabilities, and impacts;
- Better managing information security by designing and implementing a coherent and comprehensive suite of information security controls; and
- Implementing an overarching management process to ensure that information security controls continue to meet our needs on an ongoing basis.
The benefits of ISO 27001:2017 are:
- Improved security;
- Best practice data management;
- Implementation of controls;
- Allows for the secure exchange of information;
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement; and
- Internationally recognised certification.
“In going through the process to achieve ISO27001 we have put in place the effective controls that have, and will continue to, drive security initiatives that will secure our data and information and provide confidence internally, and externally to our clients.” Jason Boyle, Information Security Manager