This 2 * ½ day introduction to Project Management is focused on teaching the fundamental management techniques and skills for organising and managing projects of all sizes. The session begins by answering some key questions that anyone new to project management might have such as:
- What is a Project and how do projects differ from ordinary and ongoing work activities?
- How do you plan and ensure to set up your project for success?
- How to identify, communicate and engage with Stakeholders?
This 2 * ½ day Project Management Essentials course covers the following:
- Explain the basic framework of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) 6th Edition
- Understand the 10 knowledge areas and five process groups as defined by PMBOK.
- Discuss the skills required to apply PM theory to real-life projects.
- Understand the elements that make good project scope management important.
- Explain the scope definition process and how to construct a work breakdown structure.
- Understand the importance of scope control.
- Understand how to identify and analyse risks.
- How to prioritise risks by assessing their probability and impact.
- How to develop Risk Strategy Responses and the creation of a Risk Register.
Stakeholders & Communication
- Identify the people, groups, or organisations that could impact or be impacted by the project.
- Analyse stakeholder expectations, their level of influence on the project, and how to manage stakeholder engagement.
- Understand the importance of effective communication with your Stakeholders.